DEPARTMENT: PREVENTION AND EDUCATION SERVICES DEPARTMENT
JOB TITTLE: COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER (SAMHSA CBI) – 2 positions
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Community Health Worker will promote program and services to the target population. They will deliver a substance use prevention evidence based intervention to youth, ages 13-29yrs. The Community Health Worker must work along with a team to recruit and retain participants, and conduct HIV/Hep C screening.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To deliver the program’s substance use prevention evidence based intervention
- Screen participants for substance use risk
- Administer HIV and Hep C screening
- Create linkages and partnerships by which you may recruit the target population.
- Conduct all phases of your program as outlined in the curriculum.
- Conduct all services and satisfy all deliverables as stipulated in your program contract.
- Attend trainings and conferences as it relates to your program and target audience.
- Join a community committee, task force, network, etc. as it relates to your program and/or target audience.
- Document all services in accordance with BAC recordkeeping policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or health education, preferred
- Certified HIV Tester and Hepatitis C Screener, a must
- Previous experience in substance use prevention evidence based interventions, a plus
- Previous experience working with youth and group facilitation
- Outstanding written, communication and social media skills
- Ability to work with people of various racial/ethnic backgrounds, including minority and reentry minority populations.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by position
Please send all inquiries and your resume and cover letter to: